LOGISTICS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
Renegotiating your rates is not the only way to reduce your logistics costs.
Often times the biggest savings can be achieved by undertaking a detailed review of your supply chain in order to uncover inefficient or redundant logistics process.
But that’s how we have always done it – is usually a good indicator that there are inefficient or redundant logistics process waiting to be uncovered
Your supply chain consists of many sub processes , each one represents an opportunity for reducing your logistics costs.
Leydin Consulting Group can systematically review each sub process using a series of logistics process analysis tools that have been specifically designed for this purpose.
Our areas of focus can include one or all of the following processes:
- Supplier related processes at origin
- Shipping processes and relevant documentation
- Activities on arrival at destination including import duty
- Processes within your 3PL or company operated warehouse
- The process of managing suppliers and logistics service providers
- Customer related processes at destination
Improving the efficiency of existing process or removing redundant or unnecessary processes can lead to significant cost savings.
How We Can Help
We know from first hand experience that despite all good intentions the majority of logistics and supply chain managers are simply too busy to effectively pursue all of the potential cost saving and process improvement opportunities that exist within their organizations.
At the end of the day money is being left on the table and we exist to help companies to solve this problem.
- 5 to 20% reduction in logistics costs
- 1 to 7 days improvement in transit times
- 50 to 100% increase in costs recovered
- 20 to 80% reduction in carbon footprint
- Faster identification and realization of logistics cost savings
- Improved cash flow